Jennifer XiaoJing Ouyang
Innerlingua Translation services
[email protected] 1-866-664-4182 or 319-247-5059
Objective: To obtain an interpreter/translator position in a company that allows me to use my bilingual skills.
Skill Set: 1. Native Chinese speaker; fluent in Chinese phonetic symbol PinYin.
2. Certified immigration court interpreter, fluent in both English and Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, Toishan/KaiPing/EnPing, and Hakka/KeJia).
Freelance court interpreter/Translator 9/2007 to present
Lionbridge New York, NY
• Provide consecutive and simultaneous interpretation between English and Chinese in the courtroom and /or other settings for the Executive Office for Immigration review, Department of Justice.
• Perform translation of court documents and other written materials.
Freelance Translator/Paralegal 7/1998 to present
Gleit & Fair Law Firm New York, NY
• Prepared and drafted legal documents by using computer applications.
• Interacted with clients and managed client inquiries.
• Translated legal exhibits and application claims to prepare for trials.
• Aided attorney in witness preparation for hearings and did court filings.
System Analyst/Permanent 12/1999 to 4/2002
Beth Israel Medical Center New York, NY
• Responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of the system running windows 2000/NT/XP Dell and Compaq servers, Solaris servers, Sun workstations and Novell/2000/NT/XP workstations in a switch fast Ethernet environment.
• Setup and configured Windows NT/2000 servers and workstations. Installed and configured HP printer servers using Jet Admin.
• Supported local and remote users via phone and in person to resolve software, hardware and other network issues, and documented daily problems.
• Monitored Sun servers and workstations, updated host tables by using vi, set up imaging printers and wrote shell script to check user activities, system caches and system logs. Performed server reboots, and setup workstations.
• Created queries in database applications to manipulate and integrate data by using SQL. Modified and scheduled report batch queries and layout to create reports.
• Acted liaison to all vendors, consultants, and staff of doctors. Created training guidelines and conducted seminars for all end users.
Technical Support/Permanent 6/1998 to 12/1999
ST/SC Technology Group, Inc New York, NY
• Provided systems-level support and troubleshooting for servers and desktops
• Setup and Configured windows servers and workstations
• Installed and configured memory, motherboard, modem, hard drives, CD-ROM drives, floppy drives, Ethernet Cards and modems.
• Trained clients to improve the utilization of new systems.
Bachelor of Business Art Degree in CIS 1998 – Baruch College/CUNY, New York, NY
Jennifer XiaoJing Ouyang